Sunday, January 3, 2016

long walks and junnie b jones.

I remember the long walk that we took that didn't come with the packaged long talk.
I remember every Halloween with the black tube slide and the alarm at the back door.
I remember the day my first dog died, I didn't fill in a single bubble on the sheet of my second grade end of the year test i was so distraught. 
and i still remember the first time i lied to my parents.
I remember the first concert i went to. My sister brought her boyfriend, and there was smoke in the air. That boy is now her husband.
I remember my first trip to Oregon.
I remember meeting my best friend. We have been friends for 10 years.
I remember the first time i swore at my mom.
I remember the day i became an aunt
I remember walking home from school because my mom forgot to pick me up.
and i still remember how scared i was of tornadoes and being kidnapped.
I remember November 2nd at 12:57 and leaving Sunday school in the middle of the prayer to find my mom through blurred eyes. And 5 days later when i knew that would be the last time i would ever see him, and crying while singing.
I remember when my mom told me i was getting a little brother, turns out i actually got a little sister.
I remember when i was so eager to graduate. im not so sure anymore.
I remember the first time i saw my dad cry, i was sitting on the floor by my fireplace.
I remember having glasses and braces, it made me very insecure.
I remember my 10th birthday.
I remember when my backyard was just dirt.
I remember getting pulled over with my grandma on my 12th birthday.
I remember selling lemonade on my front lawn for a week straight. i made $9.75.
I remember the last time i cried.
and i still remember reading junnie b jones in my carseat in front of the stairs in my family room.
i remember, 
i remember it all, even if i don't always want to

2 comments:

  1. "and i still remember how scared i was of tornadoes and being kidnapped"
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete